Construction Safety Week is a week dedicated to focusing specifically on safety. It provides an excellent opportunity to take stock of safety procedures and for each of us to work together as an industry to drive home the importance of safety in the workplace.
As active participants in Construction Safety Week, AirconMech is delighted to use the opportunity to enhance our safety culture and reinforce a number of key safety messages to help us:
- Reduce accidents
- Increase awareness of the importance of H&S every day
- Inspire us to share best practices and work together to strengthen our industry’s safety culture.
- Celebrate our exemplary safety achievements to date.
Our plans for Construction Safety Week include:
A daily email each morning to every employee with information on the selected High- Risk Activity for that day as well as other relevant safety messages.
The schedule is as follows:
Day 1, Monday 21st October
- Daily high-risk activity focus area: Silica Dust
- Mental Health Awareness briefing
Day 2, Tuesday 22nd October
- Daily high-risk focus area: Manual Handling
- “Driving” awareness briefing
Day 3, Wednesday 23rd October
- Daily high-risk activity focus area: Working at Height
Day 4, Thursday 24th October
- Daily high-risk activity focus area: Hot Works
Day 5, Friday 25th October
- H&S quiz
WORK SAFE 4 LIFE
Pictured is Joe Flanagan from Hilti demonstrating the Hilti dustless drills range at the GSA Rathdown Road site as part of the Silica Dust high-risk focus area activity