The Marlin Hotel is a modern 300 bedroom development comprising of a Bar, Restaurant with a full working kitchen, Meeting Rooms and a Gymnasium. The hotel is located on a busy thoroughfare in the heart of Dublin City Centre and is being built in a very confined space. The site it occupies results from the accumulation of a number of smaller sites. The entrance to the hotel has been located at the ‘point’ of the wedge. The hotel façade will be a clean contemporary look using glass and aluminium to create the pristine wedge shape.
Mechanical Installation Services Include:
- Supply and install of a heat recovery ventilation system consisting of a network of ventilation ductwork, the supply and install of AHU’s, supply and extract fans and a number of heat recovery run around coils. The below below-ground ventilation system consists of a network of fire rated smoke ductwork and fire rated supply and extract fans.
- A specialist car park ventilation system complete with car park extract and car park induction fans where required. A CFD analysis has also been completed for this car park.
- Stainless steel dry riser systems were supplied and installed throughout this build
- The supply and install of the soils and waste drainage system and rainwater services throughout this nine- floor building.
- The supply and install of the plumbing services which consists of boilers, heat exchangers, buffer Bessel, a number of circulation pumps and expansion vessels and a network of plumbing pipework to provided hot and cold water services to the 301 bedrooms, the kitchen and restaurant area on the ground floor, and to other facilities throughout the hotel.
- The supply and install of the sanitary wear for the toilet facilities throughout the hotel.
- The completion of coordination drawings of both mechanical and electrical services to avoid any clashes of services on site and to allow for fast and smooth installation of services on site.
- This building is to achieve and energy rating of “Very Good” for the BREAM International Energy Ratings.