The Brickfield Student Accommodation project comprises of 267 no. bedrooms and 37 no. cluster living spaces complete with ground floor public spaces and Science & Tech spaces. The project is a “rapid build” scheme using the Collen Construction “Logicwall” system and the project will be delivered within 14 months from breaking ground to practical completion.
Mechanical Installation Services Include:
- Provision of centralised Energy Centre comprising of high-efficiency boiler plant, combined heat & power (CHP) units and centralised water storage to suit the scheme’s requirements.
- Provision of ventilation requirements from each en-suite bathroom POD and cluster kitchen area including interfacing of same with the building facades.
- Terminal heat interface units within each cluster to provide instant hot water on demand to the en-suites.
- A mix of Low Surface Temperature and standard steel panel radiators was employed to meet the DAC requirements whilst keeping control of the costs and providing an aesthetically pleasing finish to the spaces.
- App-enabled heating controls to give the student full operational control of their own space
- Water/Waste pipework throughout